Projects
 

 Vicary Mansion

 

​Vicary Mansion, originally constructed in 1826 by Philadelphia sea Captain William Vicary is located on Third Avenue in Freedom. CDBG funds have been used to do interior and exterior renovations to the Mansion.

 

 Flag Park

 

​The Flag Park located on the Beaver River in Rochester Borough was constructed in the spring of 2001 and dedicated on Flag Day, June 14, 2001.

 

 Merrick Art Gallery

 

​Merrick Art Gallery, located on 5th Avenue in New Brighton, was established by Edward B. Merrick as a teaching/exhibit museum. CDBG funds were used to renovate the exterior of the gallery.

 

 Buttermilk Falls

 

​Buttermilk Falls is an all-natural area features a 40-foot scenic sandstone formation and waterfall. Geographically recognized as Homewood Sandstone used locally in bridge piers, tunnels, roadways, and in the construction of the Western Pennsylvania Penitentiary in Pittsburgh.

CDBG funds were used to construction the walking trail through the Buttermilk Falls Park. Matching funds were obtained from DCNR.