If you were ever arrested in Pennsylvania and charged with a
crime, even if you never had to go to court or if you were found not guilty,
you have a criminal record. Every crime you were charged with is permanently
available to the police and prosecutors, and every conviction is available to
the public on the state court website 24/7/365 for free.
There are three ways to get something taken
off your (permanent) criminal record:
- Clean Slate removes from public access arrests which were
dismissed or did not result in convictions, and lower-level, non-violent
misdemeanor convictions that are at least ten years old.
- Expungement is an Order from a
Judge that erases (expunges) a non-conviction or Summary Conviction that is at
least 5-years old.
- Pardon from the Governor is a legal forgiveness for anything else – all misdemeanor
and felony convictions, even if they were decades ago – that you can use to get
Criminal records make it very difficult for people to get
the jobs, houses, finances, education, training, and other opportunities they
are qualified for, even if those records date back ten, fifteen, twenty years
or more. The Pardon Project of Beaver
County (PPBC) exists to help people who have turned their lives around clean up their records and get the second
chance they deserve. PPBC provides information, assistance, coaching, advocacy
and representation (free, for those with low incomes) for those citizens who
may be eligible to expunge their Pennsylvania criminal records or who may
qualify for a Pardon from the Governor.
- The Beaver County Pardon Project will assist qualified Beaver
County residents seeking an Executive Pardon from the Governor.
- Through this web page you may download
the Pardon Application, learn
how to obtain the records you will need to support your Pardon application,
connect with a Pardon Coach to assist you in your Pardon Application and
watch self-help videos to aid you in the Pardon Application Process.
- Qualified low-income residents and Veterans may get Pardon Coach
assistance, and the required records, at no cost.
Where we are: Our main office is at the Franklin
Center of Beaver County, Inc., 524 Franklin Ave, Aliquippa, PA 15001.
Here are other places you can go for help (“Pardon Hubs”):
• PA CareerLink Beavery County, 570 Beaver
Valley Mall Blvd, Monaca, PA 15601
• Job Training for Beaver County, 277 Beaver Valley Mall Blvd,
Monaca, PA 15061
• Uncommon Grounds Café, 380 Franklin Avenue, Aliquippa, PA
information, write us! PardonMeBeaver@gmail.com