Beaver Valley Power Station Emergency Information

​The public service section of your local telephone directory contains an “Important Emergency Information” section that describes actions that you should take in the event of an emergency at the Beaver Valley Power Station. This information can also be used as guidance for natural emergencies such as floods, tornadoes and fires.

Emergency Information, as it appears in your local telephone directory:
Important Emergency Information

Beaver County Emergency Services (BCES) provides this information because it is important to you and your family in the event of an emergency. They also suggest that you read it all and talk it over with members of your family. Information that is included is:

  • What you should do if you hear the emergency sirens in your area.
  • What you should do if you are asked to “take shelter”.
  • What you should do if you are asked to “evacuate”.

Information is given about the several kinds of emergencies that could happen in your area – a tornado, flood, earthquake, chemical spill, or nuclear power plant problem. The information is good to know for everyday purposes and will help you be prepared for nearly any problem that could arise.

If you would require special assistance in the event of an emergency evacuation, please print out and complete the Access and Functional Needs Card:
Access and Functional Needs Card

Then fold, insert in an envelope, apply postage and mail to:

Beaver County Emergency Services
351 14th Street
Ambridge, PA 15003-2262

These cards are very important in helping BCES successfully assist you should an emergency occur. One is for our farmers and the other is for anyone else who would need special help during an evacuation because of physical impairment or special medical problems. Every year you should fill out this card if it applies to you and return it to BCES. This information will be kept on file at the Beaver County Emergency Services center.

BCES mails the cards on an annual basis, and the information is kept confidential. To keep their database current, these cards must be submitted annually.

Why and How to Complete the Access and Functional Needs Card

For information regarding Potassium Iodine (KI), please contact the PA Department of Health’s Vanport office at 724-774-1385.