Hazardous Materials Response
Beaver County Hazardous Materials Response Team 700
The Beaver County Hazardous Materials Response Team 700 was founded in 1989 to respond to hazardous materials incidents within the county. The all volunteer team currently has 24 members trained at the technician level. Team 700 trains twice monthly at the county’s Hazardous Materials Garage and Training Facility on Route 51 near the Brady’s Run Walking Track.
The Pennsylvania Hazardous Materials Emergency Planning and Response Act, Act 1990-165, or Act 165, directs the Commonwealth and its counties to set standards for all Hazardous Materials Response Teams (HMRTs). PEMA Directive 2010-02 covers training and certification, standardizes the equipping of HRMT units and addresses other matters involving hazmat response activities. HMRTs are required to be recertified every 4 years.
Beaver County’s Hazardous Materials Response Team 700 underwent its most recent recertification in 2019.
The recertification site assessment completed by representatives from the PA Emergency Management Agency reviewed at the county’s hazmat program including training and medical requirements, equipment inspections and operational readiness. The specialized response for hazardous material incidents requires a high level of proficiency in a variety of skill set areas. Recent changes in the Commonwealth’s Hazardous Material Safety Program and the additional mandates of the National Incident Management System (NIMS) made the retention of certification a more challenging task.
Not only did the Beaver County Hazmat Team meet the requirements of PEMA Directive 2010-02, the team exceeded them and received high praise from the state.
- Access and Functional Needs Card
- Agriculture and Food Information
- Beaver County Emergency Alerts (Smart 911)
- Beaver County LEPC (Local Emergency Planning Committe
- Beaver Valley Power Station Emergency Information
- Beaver Valley Power Station Siren Update 2021
- CART (County Animal Response Team)
- EMA (Emergency Management)
- Emergency Services Newsletters
- Fire Line Officers Contact List
- Fire Response Plan
- Fire Response Plan Resource List
- Hazardous Materials Response
- Hazard Mitigation
- Municipal Emergency Management Coordinators
- Police, Fire, and EMS CAD
- Responder Texting Agreement
- SARA Title III/EPCRA
- Tier II Reporting
- VOAD (Voluntary Organizations Active in Disaster)