Requirements for License to Carry Firearms
Hours of operation are Monday through Friday 8:30 to 3:30 (Excluding Government and Legal Holidays)
Application fee is $20.00. CASH, CHECK OR MONEY ORDER. Checks can be made payable to Beaver County Sheriff’s Office.
No credit/debit cards will be accepted.
The applicant must be 21 years of age or older.
You MUST appear in person to submit your application. Please DO NOT mail in applications.
Valid Pennsylvania Drivers license or State ID. The address listed on your Drivers License/ State ID must be the address you are listing on your application.
Must be a resident of Beaver County.
Applications can be printed from the county website following this Application Link.
or they can be picked up in our office. If printing an application from our website, please be sure to print both sides of the application.
(They do not need to be on one page but we do require both
pages to be submitted)
Two character references are required on the application and must include the complete name, complete mailing address and telephone number of the individuals you are using. References cannot be family members. References are required for both NEW and RENEWAL applications.
You may renew your permit anytime you wish. If your permit is already expired, application process is still the same for a new or a renewal applicant.
In most cases the approval process is usually same day. Once the background check is complete, the license to carry permit is issued that same day.
Licenses will be valid for a period of 5 years from their date of issue.
Some applications can take additional time to process. The state police may put some applications into research. These applications can take up to an additional 15 days to be processed. We will call you or you will receive a letter in the mail of your status.
Beaver County Courthouse address is 810 3rd Street Beaver PA 15009. Sheriff’s Office is on the Ground Floor.
Parking is available for free in the parking garage in the building directly beside the Beaver County Courthouse. Handicap parking is available on Commerce Street, Market Street and in the back parking lot of the Courthouse.
If you have any questions you can reach our office at 724-770-4614
ADDITIONAL HELP WITH COMPLETING LICENSE TO CARRY APPLICATION
The license to carry application must be completed in its entirety. Do not write in the top shaded part of the application as that is for Sheriff’s Office use only. Should a box not apply to you, write N/A in that box. The following is a list of the most common errors made by applicants when applying for a License to Carry Firearms.
· Box 5 (Driver’s License #): Please write driver’s license number info in this box. Do not leave this blank.
· Box 7b (Place of Birth): Enter the STATE in which you were born
· Box 16 (Street Address): Enter your full street address; If you have a P.O. Box this must also be included on your application. This address MUST match your driver’s license/ photo ID
· Box 20 (Home Telephone No): This should be the best number to reach you. Do not leave this box blank even if you do not have a home phone number. Cell phone number is fine.
· Box 28 (Reason): You may check as many reasons that you feel apply to you but all License to Carry Permits are entered as “self-defense”
· Box 29 (References): List 2 references who are of no relation to you; full name, full mailing address and phone numbers are required. This applies to renewal applicants as well.
· Box 32 (Resident of Another State): If you are a Pennsylvania resident, this box should be marked “NO”
· We cannot help you answer the questions on this application. If you are unsure of how to answer a question please refer to the back portion of the application.