[Skip to Content]

Education Benefits

Chapter 30 – Montgomery GI Bill

The VA will provide financial assistance for the education and training of eligible participants under the voluntary contributory education program - Chapter 30. Discharge must be honorable. Vocational and educational counseling is available upon request.  Benefits must be applied for within 10 years of separation from the service.
You can apply at our office or at the VA-approved school's Financial Aid office. 

Vocational Rehabilitation

If the veteran is rated at 20% or higher for a service-connected condition, they may apply for a rehabilitation program. The VA will pay for tuition, books, tools, other expenses, or provide a monthly living allowance depending on eligibility.  Employment assistance is also available to help the rehabilitated veteran get a job. A seriously disabled veteran may be provided services and assistance to increase independence in daily living. You have 12 years after separation from service to use this program, although extensions are possible under certain conditions.  Please contact our office or the VA Regional Office for more details about this program. 

Chapter 33 - Post 9/11 GI Bill

The veteran must have served on active duty for at least 90 aggregate days on or after September 11, 2001, and been discharged honorably.  Benefits payable for training pursued after August 1,2009, may be eligible for a percentage of the cost of tuition and fees, monthly housing allowance, yearly book & supply stipend. You have fifteen (15) years to use this benefit. For questions and on-line application, link to the website: www.GIBILL.va.gov