Beaver County Pardon Project
If you were ever arrested in Pennsylvania and charged with a crime, even if you never had to go to court or if you were found not guilty, you have a criminal record. Every crime you were charged with is permanently available to the police and prosecutors, and every conviction is available to the public on the state court website 24/7/365 for free.
There are three ways to get something taken off your (permanent) criminal record:
- Clean Slate removes from public access arrests which were dismissed or did not result in convictions, and lower-level, non-violent misdemeanor convictions that are at least ten years old.
- Expungement is an Order from a Judge that erases (expunges) a non-conviction or Summary Conviction that is at least 5-years old.
- Pardon from the Governor is a legal forgiveness for anything else – all misdemeanor and felony convictions, even if they were decades ago – that you can use to get them expunged.
Criminal records make it very difficult for people to get the jobs, houses, finances, education, training, and other opportunities they are qualified for, even if those records date back ten, fifteen, twenty years or more. The Pardon Project of Beaver County (PPBC) exists to help people who have turned their lives around clean up their records and get the second chance they deserve. PPBC provides information, assistance, coaching, advocacy and representation (free, for those with low incomes) for those citizens who may be eligible to expunge their Pennsylvania criminal records or who may qualify for a Pardon from the Governor.
- The Beaver County Pardon Project will assist qualified Beaver County residents seeking an Executive Pardon from the Governor.
- Through this web page you may download the Pardon Application, learn how to obtain the records you will need to support your Pardon application, connect with a Pardon Coach to assist you in your Pardon Application and watch self-help videos to aid you in the Pardon Application Process.
- Qualified low-income residents and Veterans may get Pardon Coach assistance, and the required records, at no cost.
Where we are: Our main office is at the Franklin Center of Beaver County, Inc., 524 Franklin Ave, Aliquippa, PA 15001. Here are other places you can go for help (“Pardon Hubs”):
• PA CareerLink Beavery County, 570 Beaver Valley Mall Blvd, Monaca, PA 15601
• Job Training for Beaver County, 277 Beaver Valley Mall Blvd, Monaca, PA 15061
• Uncommon Grounds Café, 380 Franklin Avenue, Aliquippa, PA 15001
For more information, write us! PardonMeBeaver@gmail.com