[Skip to Content]

Records Management For Veterans

Discharge Recorded

The Department of Veterans Affairs recommends that all honorably discharged service members record their discharge documents with the County office. This service is provided free to all eligible County veterans. The discharge is permanently on record and certified copies may be obtained at any time. Each veteran is eligible to receive up to 10 copies of their discharge papers free of charge. 

Certified Copies of Documents

Veterans can obtain free certified copies of marriage license and divorce decrees when proper application is made to the Department of Veterans Affairs. These records are provided when the request is made on behalf of any honorably discharged veteran, or of any member of the armed services serving in a war or armed conflict in which the United States is engaged. These records are provided for use in connection with any claim for death benefits, compensation allowance and family of dependency allotments. Must have made application in Beaver County.

Birth records and death records occurring in Pennsylvania can be requested from PA Vital Statistics. These can be provided at no charge for veterans and their dependents. Contact 724-656-3100 or apply on-line at www.health.state.pa.us/vitalrecords

Records can be obtained from the county in which the marriage or divorce application was made. Death and birth records must be requested from the state that the birth or death occurred. Not all states provide this service at no cost.