[Skip to Content]

Filing The Complaint

Please change the first paragraph to read:  “In order to begin a case for support, a Complaint for Support can be filed online at www.childsupport.state.pa.us by the Petitioner/Plaintiff (person seeking support) against the Respondent/Defendant (person paying support). Paper applications are available in the Domestic Relations Office.  In order to proceed with your request, the following pertinent information is needed:
  1. The Social Security numbers for all parties (plaintiff and defendant) and for each child for who support is sought
  2. A birth certificate for each child for who support is sought
  3. The Defendant’s home address and the address of his or her employer
  4. Proof of medical coverage
  5. Marriage license / divorce decree / current PFA
  6. The last six pay stubs
  7. A copy of the previous year’s tax return
  8. Proof of other sources of income for the Defendant


Failure to provide the intake officer with the above information will slow the processing procedure and will then cause a delay in the receipt of support. Please come prepared on the day of your intake appointment and supply as much information as possible.